LoS DOYERS: WEEK 6 REVIEW
Winning is overrated.
WIN/LOSS: 2-4 (0-3 vs Dbacks, 2-1 vs Marlins)
STANDINGS: 15-21 /5th /7.0 GB
Hyun-Jin Ryu: Pitched 6.1 innings of one run ball to help the Dodgers to their first victory in nine games.
Juan Uribe: Five hits, two walks, two RBI’s,solid defense at third.
Dodgers baserunning. It’s been brutal. period. Giving away outs isn’t something a team with a struggling offense can afford to do.
Mat Magill: He’s not ready for the show. Needs to throw strikes.
+Matt kemp has a 10 game hitting streak going
+Capuano looked good in his start versus the Marlins
+Looks like Grienke might be back on Wednesday
+ Nick Punto is red hot
+ Paco Rodriguez and Kenley Jansen look fantastic
+Scott Van Slyke went 2-4 and hit a HR, hopefully he could be that power off the bench the Dodgers so desperately need.
- Andre Either continues to be awful
- Adrian Gonzalez aggravated his neck injury
- Matt Kemp is not hitting for power
- Beckett looks like he might be done.
- Brandon League and the rest of the bullpen are struggling big time.
TRANSACTIONS courtesy of Dodgers.com
Los Angeles Dodgers transferred RHP Chad Billingsley from the 15-day disabled list to the 60-day disabled list. April 2013 Tommy John surgery..Los AngelesDodgers sent LHP Scott Elbert on a rehab assignment to Rancho Cucamonga Quakes.Los Angeles Dodgers sent RHP Zack Greinke on a rehab assignment to Rancho Cucamonga Quakes.Los Angeles Dodgers optioned Elian Herrera to Albuquerque Isotopes.Los Angeles Dodgers selected the contract of 1B Scott Van Slyke from Albuquerque Isotopes.05/08/13Los Angeles Dodgers optioned Justin Sellers to Albuquerque Isotopes.Los Angeles Dodgers recalled Tim Federowicz from Albuquerque Isotopes.
Los Angeles Dodgers activated LHP Chris Capuano from the 15-day disabled list.Los Angeles Dodgers placed 2B Mark Ellis on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to April 27, 2013. Strained Right Quadriceps
LoS DOYERS: WEEK 5 REVIEW
The sky is falling.
WIN/LOSS: 1-5 (1-2 vs Rockies, 0-3 @ Giants)
STANDINGS: 13-17 /4th /5.5 GB
Clayton Kershaw: Two great outings. Took a no hitter in the 6th against the Giants, while morning the passing of his Father.
A.J. Ellis: only consistant hitter in the Dodgers lineup.
Ted Lilly: Gave up four runs before getting an out. He also didnt inform the team that his back was hurting. Back on the DL.
- Hanley injured his hamstring and is back on the DL
- the pitching with exception of Kershaw and Jansen has been horrendous
- AGone was hurt
- Crawford was hurt
- swept by the Giants
- bullpen sucks
- the Dodgers bench sucks
- Dodgers management not DLing Ellis, leaving Dodgers with a short bench for big series with the Giants
- Rockies treated Dodger pitchers like batting practice
- runners stranded. so many runners stranded
- Donnie Baseball with bonehead calls
+ Dee Gordon is fast.
LOS DOYERS: MY REACTION TO 2013 SEASON
sigh…. is it only May?